Tigerlily Foundation & Unity SPIRIT Retreat: Transforming the Cancer Journey with Spirituality
May 4-6, 2018
Unity Village, MO
If you are facing cancer, know that you are not alone. Your healing journey can become easier when you have spiritual tools or a personal spiritual practice. Tigerlily Foundation and Unity invite you to a peaceful safe haven for a 3-day retreat at Unity Village, to enjoy the beauty of nature, quiet rejuvenation, and affirming spiritual support tools available to you and your caregiver.
Friday May 4, 2018
3pm Hotel Check-In Available
3:30-4:30pm Optional Walking Tour
5:30-6:30pm Dinner and Registration
7-8/8:30pm Evening session: Welcome & Intro to SPIRIT Retreat. Unity & Tigerlily Partnership
Saturday May 5, 2018
7:00-7:30am Morning Meditation
9am-10:30am Morning Session: Integrating Spirituality: Meditation, Affirmation, and Prayer
11:30-12pm Guided Labyrinth Walk
12-1:30pm Lunch / Personal time
2-3:30pmAfternoon Session: The Spiritual Practice of Forgiveness / Reflection Time
7-8:30pm Evening Session: Giving and receiving meaningful support: Discussion for cancer survivors, caregivers, family members, and friends
Sun, May 6, 2018
7:00-7:30am Morning Meditation (optional)
10:30 am Sunday inspirational experience with Unity Village Chapel (optional)
12:00-1pm Lunch provided
Maimah Karmo, Founder of Tigerlily Foundation
Rev. Linda Martella Whitsett
Linda holds the prayer consciousness of Unity Village in her work as vice president of Silent Unity ®, the 24/7 prayer ministry. She is the author of Divine Audacity about living from your divine attributes.
Rev. Kelly Isola is a one-of-a-kind force of nature, a genius with words, a brilliant thinker, and a professional excavator of individual and collective souls. She also masquerades as a consultant, teacher, author, and transformative mentor. She shares her passion for living the two-fold path of an engaged spiritual life – embracing the inner path of wisdom, as well as demonstrating the outer path of compassionate service. www.kellyisola.com
Our sponsorship package offers various ways to support the Tigerlily Foundation/Unity SPIRIT Retreat.
Registration is now closed. Click here to sponsor the SPIRIT Program and Retreat.
- Upon application approval, successful lodging scholarship recipients will receive two-night accommodations at Unity Village in Missouri and will be required to share a room with another lodging scholarship recipient. Applicants will be responsible for making their own travel plans.
- If you would like to request another lodging scholarship recipient or attendee as your roommate, please request so in the registration process. If not, every attempt will be made to create room pairings based on gender and age.
- You must be at least 18 years old to attend this event.
- Participation will be limited to breast cancer patients/survivors, their caregivers and family members.
- Applicants must live in the United States.
- If your family member/caregiver also receives a lodging scholarship, you will be roomed together.
- Please register and submit your application by April 16th.
- All information provided in your application must be accurate. Any invalid information may result hinder or result in the termination of your application.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified of the status of your application by email or phone within 10 business days from the date the completed application was received. Please make sure you check your email and spam folders. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
- Yes. Recipients will be electronically notified with additional forms, instructions and timelines to complete the award process. Please pay careful attention to scholarship award emails, as well associated timelines and due dates.
- We understand that many attendees rely on the availability of a scholarship to attend and we will make every effort to expedite the scholarship approval and mailing process.
- Scholarships shall be awarded at the discretion of the Tigerlily Foundation, and shall be fair and equal in all of its selection processes for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All scholarships will be awarded on a “first come” basis during the online registration process until funds are exhausted.
- Tigerlily Foundation reserves the right to adjust the award amounts and/or discontinue scholarships in case of extenuating circumstances.
- Any additional nights beyond the 2 nights awarded will be the responsibility of the recipient. Lodging scholarships do not include incidentals such as phone calls, movies, room service and mini bar. Successful recipients will receive an email with their room reservation and roommate information. If you receive a scholarship, please do not make a room reservation; your room reservations will be made for you.
Lodging Accommodations at Unity Village
- Unity Village has a total of 50 rooms at the Hotel and Conference Center. Reservations will be made for you when your application is approved.
- Customer Care is happy to answer any questions you may have about the lodging at Unity Village.
- If you would like to book a room at Unity for the night before, please call Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-4:30 p.m. (CT): 1-866-324-5996. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although Unity Village does not provide transportation to or from the Kansas City International Airport (MCI), the following shuttle services are available:
- BATS: 913-634-5484 or 913-575-3185, kcibats.com, email@example.com
- Serving You, LLC: 816-522-3582
- Agenda: USA 913-268-4466 for town car or limousine service
The Kansas City International Airport (MCI), also known as KCI, is approximately a 60-minute drive from Unity Village, so please allow at least 90 minutes between the time you depart from the airport and the time you want to check in for the retreat/workshop.
For your return home, please arrange your shuttle service back to the airport at least three hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time.
- Please bring a valid photo ID.
- Check-in time for the hotel is 3 p.m. Please call ahead if you plan to arrive early, and we will do our best to make sure the room is ready for you. If you arrive early, and your room is not ready, you may hold your bags at the front desk. Checkout time is 11 a.m., although a later time can be requested. If necessary, your bags can be held for you until your departure.
All late arrivals should check in at the front desk of the Unity Hotel and Conference Center. If you missed the designated retreat/workshop check-in, your materials and name badge will be at the hotel front desk.
- Yes, breakfast is provided at the hotel with your room stay. Lunches and dinners are also included in the retreat and will be served at Unity Banquet and Dining.
- If you have any dietary restrictions please e-mail JamisonCJ@unityonline.org
- Note there is no room service or mini bar at the Unity hotel.
We recommend you bring casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes. Bring clothes and shoes for exercise if you want to go to the gym, walk the labyrinth or participate in physical activities. Bring a sweater for spring and summer, and a coat for autumn.
Dogs are allowed on the Unity Village grounds but must be on a leash at all times. Dogs are not allowed inside any buildings on campus, including the Hotel and Conference Center. The exception to this policy is service dogs.
Unity Village is a smoke-free environment. However, there are several designated smoking areas. For a list of the smoking areas, please check at the Hotel and Conference Center front desk.
We are continually working to improve our facilities to accommodate guests with special needs. We ask that a responsible companion accompany guests using wheelchairs or walkers while they are at Unity Village.
Thank you Kendra Scott Mosaic District for your generous sponsorship!
Thank you Gannett for your generous travel grant!