- Clinical trials
- METAvivor will sign and fully support the Tigerlily Foundation Inclusion Pledge.
- METAvivor will ensure the inclusion of Black people in leadership positions within METAvivor, including adding two Black people to our Board of Directors and creating a new liaison to the Black metastatic breast cancer patient community.
- METAvivor will create programming specially targeted to metastatic Black women and men.
- METAvivor will seek funding to provide educational conferences for metastatic Black women and men.
- METAvivor will fund research that addresses racial disparities in metastatic breast cancer medical treatment.
“METAvivor fully supports the recent global movement bringing increased attention to the racial injustices involving the Black community. We stand resolute with Black patients, supporters, family, friends, and allies.
This week, in lieu of our typical content and in support of the Black community, METAvivor believes strongly that it is essential for us to share important information and resources about organizations dedicated to the specific challenges Black women and men with metastatic breast cancer are facing. While our mission will always be funding the latest, cutting-edge metastatic breast cancer research, we also have a strong commitment to social justice, while promoting inclusion and equity for Black women and men, specifically within the breast cancer community. There is systemic racial discrimination, especially in the health care system and it is evidenced by national statistics that support racial disparities in metastatic breast cancer.“
Annapolis, Maryland. New York, NY. Indianapolis, Indiana. Cambridge, Massachusetts.New Jersey and New York. Puerto Rico. San Diego, CA. Washington, DC.Cambridge, Massachusetts. Woodcliff Lake, NJ.Washington, Kansas City. Rockville, Maryland. Brisbane, California. Mississauga, Ontario. Zug, Switzerland.