POSITION DESCRIPTION: Tigerlily Foundation’s Program Manager, National ANGEL Advocacy is responsible for overseeing several Coordinators and multiple individuals in various metropolitan areas, and will work on building an “Army of ANGELs” through our ANGEL advocacy program. This individual will also help build Tigerlily Foundation’s social media ambassador program.
We are SO glad you are reading this! But, before we go any further in this conversation, we have deal breakers. You must meet all the following criteria before applying:
- be a solutions-oriented professional who has past experience working with patients and multiple stakeholders
- have team management experience to grow and further develop proven programs
- have a track record of being able to recruit advocates to the organization
- have proven experience with training advocates
- ability to work independently as a consultant, part-time
- Create an overall outreach strategy for growing our grassroots network by metropolitan area
- Oversee the implementation of the outreach strategy within regions and metropolitan areas
- Conduct research, through various methods (networking or through digital platforms such as social media (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter)), to identify potential ANGELs to join the network
- Educate potential Tigerlily Foundation ANGEL Advocate candidates about the program
- Recruit ANGELS who are interested in research and as part of their orientation training and commitment, will engage in our scientific partnership activities, i.e., GRASP, building partnerships with cancer research centers to collaborate, visit, conduct STEM outreach, engage students at HBCUs, engage with clinical trial educational activities and partnerships, attend conferences (virtually and/or in person), write blogs and engage in other activities and initiatives.
- Mentor ANGEL Advocates throughout the recruitment and training process and meet on a regular basis to discuss vision, mission and goals for their assigned region
- Train and manage regional ANGEL Advocates and provide support and assistance in helping them fulfill their role within their regions
- Support capacity building, accountability and programmatic initiatives with ANGELs.
- Track quantitative and qualitative data and capture these data in a reporting structure/management system that ensures satisfaction of program offerings to the young women we support. Implement changes when appropriate.
- Provide oversight to Coordinators focusing on partnerships in Industry, Faith-based Organizations, Pharma, and Non-Profits.
- Work to engage and inspire members of the internal and external community by raising awareness and illustrating the importance of these principles
- Other duties as directed
If you’re interested in working with Tigerlily, let’s chat! Every day we change the lives of women by making systemic changes and inspiring transformation. We look to our talent that makes it all happen. Do you need accommodations to apply? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to having you join us as we manifest beauty, strength and transformation for girls and women – before, during and after breast cancer; and work to create a world of hope, healing and health equity for all.
About Tigerlily Foundation’s #InclusionPledge: Tigerlily Foundation’s #InclusionPledge’s mission is to advocate and activate the inclusion of women of color across initiatives impacting their breast and overall health and to end disparities in our lifetime.
“Tigerlily Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.”