Tigerlily Foundation’s Patient Navigator will ensure young women are provided full-lifecycle support from breast cancer diagnosis through treatment and beyond. This individual will also track responses from patients and report back to Tigerlily Foundation’s Program Managers to ensure satisfaction of program offerings to the young women we support.
Scope and Nature of Services:
- Help patients “navigate” the maze of clinics, administrative systems and patient support services and track their continuum of care
- Reduce barriers that keep patients from getting timely support by identifying patient needs and directing them to sources of emotional, financial, administrative, or cultural support
- Working with members of the health care team to facilitate patient support and enroll them in Tigerlily Foundation programs that suit their needs
- Promoting patient health and comfort
- Educate and provide tools to patients to become advocates for their own care
- Educate and empower patients to self-navigate the healthcare system
- Supporting patients while they learn to self-navigate
- Building awareness among their healthcare team and let them know about patient navigator services
- Maintain communication to locate patients who are “at risk” for barriers to treatment.
- Track responses from patients and report back to Tigerlily Foundation’s Program Managers to ensure satisfaction of program offerings to the young women we support.