Streaming on Facebook on Thursday February 11th, 2021 at 1 pm EST
In this episode of Tigerlily’s BREATHE Tv, we talk with ANGEL Advocate Temi Omaghomi and Surgical Oncologist, Dr. Lori Wilson, about the medical challenges and barriers experienced by Black women. Join Dr. Lori Wilson along with our BREATHE special guests to learn important insights on the unique needs of Black women and the importance of providing equitable healthcare and support – including ensuring that all patients feel comfortable with having supportive dialogue with their doctors.
- Feeling comfortable talking to your healthcare provider
- How to communicate with your healthcare provider about treatment options
- How to be actively involved in your treatment choices
- Understanding a second opinion and how to get one
- The unique needs of Black women
- How to best support the medical needs of women of color
- How to provide emotional support and psychosocial support to patients
- How to have culturally appropriate and “right for you” conversations with patients of color, to better understand their needs, and provide them with information about their health and ways to eliminate barriers
Maimah Karmo, Breast Cancer Survivor & Founder, Tigerlily Foundation
- Dr. Lori Wilson, Metastatic Breast Cancer Thriver & Associate Professor Howard University College of Medicine; Chief, Surgical Oncology
- Temi Omaghomi, Early Breast Cancer Survivor & Tigerlily ANGEL Advocate
We are excited to provide our community with a downloadable handout on “Questions to Ask Your Doctor”, for both early stage and metastatic breast cancer patients, to guide them in their healthcare journey.